Drop-in Pow Wow Dance
March 14 @ 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Join John (Waaseyaabin) Hupfield and Deanne Hupfield along with special guest instructors in a welcoming space to learn and practice pow wow dance. This weekly class is open to all levels and has the goal of nurturing dancers, whether this is your first or hundredth time dancing. This is a great and supportive space to bring regalia, or just something to move in! Over the course of the semester, participants can get excited to learn and practice intertribal steps, storysharing, basic footwork, Fancy Shawl, Grass dance, Traditional bustle, Jingle, Traditional cloth and buckskin, Fancy Bustle, Chicken Dance, and Woodland styles. All ages, skill and experience levels, and genders are welcome.
This drop-in class is open to Indigenous community members only, at U of T and beyond (free-of-charge).
Presented in partnership with First Nations House.
- Winter Program runs January 10 to March 28!
- No registration required.
Goldring Centre for High Performance Sport (100 Devonshire Place, Toronto) – Fitness Studio
- This program is open to all indigenous students and community members.
Schedule & Important Information
- Drop-in Pow Wow Dance occurs every Tuesday from 3-5 p.m. in the Gorlding Fitness Studio.
What To Wear
- Participants are asked to wear comfortable and appropriate attire and footwear that’s suitable for fitness and gym activities.
Are you planning an Indigenous event?
Please submit your event to the Events Calendar by contacting us at: email@example.com